Amid the pandemic, an ongoing threat to all is the rapid rise in global warming day by day. Hence, the frightening and disturbing climate changes are caused by the excess amount of carbon dioxide emitted to nature. Whether it is through the pollution caused by vehicles or firms- there is an endless number of factors contributing to the growth of global warming.
Thus, to bring a change for a better tomorrow, many countries are promoting the usage of clean and environmentally friendly alternative. Hence, the initial step is to change to green energy from the regular fossil fuels.
Perhaps, from all the options of clean energy, solar energy is leading. There are many firms and households that are adapting to solar power. Indeed, the investment of installing a solar panel is costly, but it has it benefits in abundance.
If you are curious, here we have listed the top pros and cons of using a solar panel for your properties.
What are the advantages of solar power?
- As mentioned above, it is a clean source of energy. Thus, solar energy is completely free of pollution. Meaning there are no greenhouse gases emitted even after the instalment of solar panels.
- Cuts down the dependency on foreign resources for fuel.
- It is a renewable and clean source of energy. Available all day long, throughout the year. Therefore, one does not have to worry about how to get through a day with a power cut.
- The investment in solar panels promises a greater return on investment. Meaning, once it is up and working- you are free from your electricity billing burden. If you want to find out the effectiveness of solar energy prior to the investment, you can get Rentable solar power panels, which can be used for a few months.
- Solar panels do not require regular maintenance, therefore, for a maximum of thirty years, you can forget about it.
- The solar panel industry can be beneficial for the economy. As they create new job openings, such as manufactures of solar panels, installers, and much more.
- Solar energy can be used for every purpose at home- from heating waters, give electricity for homes and buildings to even charge vehicles.
- Energy power is relatively safer to use than the regular source of current.
- It is more efficient and adds value to the property.
- If you are wondering, how solar panels work at night, the excess energy during the daytime is stored in a battery for usage at night time.
However, there are a few drawbacks that come with solar power. Keep reading below to find out more.
What are the disadvantages of installing a solar panel?
- As mentioned before, the cost of installation is extremely high.
- There should be a huge battery bank to store the power for night time.
- The geographical location of the installation matters a lot, as the sizes for panels vary on it.
- There is a very low energy production during the months of winter.
However, the advantages outweigh the disadvantages of a solar panel.